I was asked sometime last year by my boyfriend Adam to create some characters for a personal project of his – a game he was making by himself. He’s a Game student and his favourite part is programming. I made him these characters in the style he wanted (similar to Don’t Starve – the game). I didn’t like them very much but he seemed to think they were good.
Anyway last week he asked me for another favour – to make the characters I made into zombies. Now this posed a problem because my initial ones were just image traced in Illustrator (dare I say) so I had to make new ones. As they only had to be static due to the nature of the game it was fairly easy as I just drew them then made them into vectors.
Bottom left is my original sketch last time – the arms weren’t joined incase of the capability of them moving. Next along is my new illustration of the normal one, and to the right is him in zombie form! There is 4 characters, two staff at Waitrose, and two customers that will be repeated. So here they are, firstly them in normal state:
Then the same people as zombies:
I’m not really into either zombies or drawing people so this was a challenge for me but I think it got me wanting to try more things out of uni, even as something to do while needing a break from the current project!